BLOG

A Coyote's Howl Chapter 1 by RiverCoyote

Chapter One

Greetings to all!  First of all...I would like to thank everyone for their kind wishes and thoughts as I have struggled through a couple weeks of illness.  I fought a nasty cold and finally decided to get a follow up CT Scan in regards to a few spots on my lungs that were discovered by accident after some problems with my belly this past summer.

The Lung Spots "Nodules" were quite small...a couple of millimeters each.  My Doc asked me to follow up on these findings in 6 months, which I did.

The findings?  I don't have two...I have three.  The medical conclusion is that the two that were previously discovered will require no follow up.  However, the newly found one requires another look in 6 months to a year.  It is "Stable" and shows that it has no intention to grow.

In short...I go back to get checked out down the road a piece!  What should you take away from this Blog?  Simple...appreciate your life and share it with others.  Every day you are living is a gift...not only to you, but for those around you.  Toss the cigarettes in the trash...If I was still smoking, I believe that my results would have been quite grim.

May you all be strong, focused, and at Peace.

Comments

<< Previous      Next >>
1 - 10 | 11 - 20 | 21 - 26

Posted: 11-12-2016 at 01:41:43
WarhoundOne
セヲケュカシエゥカエ

Thanks for sharing RC. Glad to hear the diagnosis wasn't negative. Moving forward. :smile

Posted: 11-12-2016 at 02:52:34
RiverCoyote

Thanks Hound!

Posted: 11-12-2016 at 08:19:51
Angelina
First Lady of WWT

Glad to read that the result of your scan are follow ups and not something really bad.

Good health is precious. It is so easy to take for granted until you or a loved one gets very sick.

Hopefully your struggles with illness will be over soon. Wishing you a good health.

Posted: 11-12-2016 at 09:18:05
QueenB
Queen of Pink Grumpiness

Thanks for sharing RC. Thought of you the whole week.
Glad to read that the results weren't really bad and that you will be "checked" in the following year!
Hope you feel better.

Posted: 11-12-2016 at 14:17:25
SoaringCrow

Good luck with the third nodule Coyote hopefully it will be benign too :)

Posted: 11-12-2016 at 23:41:55
Cojos_Mojo

good luck RC take care and hope you get better soon bud :hi

Posted: 12-12-2016 at 01:48:43
RonthePirate
The  Captain

I'm glad you quit smoking when you did. Otherwise, we may have been reading a quite opposite prognosis here.

I stopped smoking on February 1st, 1989, after close to 26 years of two packs a day.
Kinda funny reason why I quit: California raised the price on a pack of cigarettes from 25 to 50 cents a pack! Kinda ironic, if you look at the cost of them now.

Posted: 12-12-2016 at 05:38:59
RiverCoyote

Mighty glad to still be here!  Here's a picture to lift the hearts and spirits of all...Can you find RIVERCOYOTE?

The reflection in the water has changed a bit...but the heart and soul are still the same!

Come on...are you up to the challenge?

Posted: 12-12-2016 at 05:56:42
Raven
My n.a.n. is: Soaring Raven

The one in mom's arms or in front with the hat in his hand?

Posted: 12-12-2016 at 06:02:40
Keka_Umans
Head Banana in Charge

The one with the walking stick

1 - 10 | 11 - 20 | 21 - 26